Here we go again...

Its been a while...about a year...but here's to trying.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

a long walk home

i just walked home, all the way from penn station. for those of you who aren't familiar with the manhattan island lay out, penn station is located at 34 street and 7th ave. my apartment is on 55th street and 3rd ave. 21 blocks north, 6 blocks east. about two and a half miles. while i walked i thought about things, how i don't want these last three weeks to ever end. i've been wearing my hershey kiss necklace, the one my grandma gave me about three days before she died, and when i was walking i looked up at the sky and held my necklace and thought, "only three blocks to grandma's, and i can crash on her couch, and she'll give me a hug, and won't ask any questions, and she'll drive me to school in the morning" i was back on that night that i got in some screaming match with my mom. it was a wednesday, because the screaming match started before dawson's, and i walked out around 8. i walked to kings, called andrew max, who told me to call my dad. instead of calling my dad i just walked to grandma's. she made me call my mom, to tell her where i was, but after that she said it was okay if i didn't want to talk about it. she gave me an a treat soda, and i had to watch the west wing with her instead of dawsons, but it was okay. i fell asleep on the couch with friskee cuddled next to me under one of those blue and white throws she always had. in the morning she drove me home so i could get clothes and my school books, and then took me to school. i had to talk to andrew max about what happened on dawsons...

remember her tonight...made me feel a little safer, i just wish she was still here to run too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Old Navy Coupons
Old Navy Old Navy Coupons