Here we go again...

Its been a while...about a year...but here's to trying.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

R.I.P

While I was in Jersey last night our dog Sammee passed away...he was old, like over 20 we think, which is really old for a dog.
If you don't know, we inherited (well my dad and stepmother) the dogs, Friskee and Sammee, when my grandmother died almost four years ago.
My grandmother got him when i was 3 or 4, it has to be this early because not only were my parents still together but i think my grandfather was still alive as well, and his first owner had been really mean and abused him, so he wasn't the kindest dog. if you petted him the wrong way, which 4 year olds tend to do he was a biter...my mom got really mad at my grandmother when the dog bit me the first time, and my grandmother yelled at me. (oh my wonderful childhood). after my parents split and my dad had lived with my grandmother for a while he moved to south jersey for work for like 8 months or something, and that's when Sammee ran away. my grandmother used to take the dogs up to the mall to pick my dad up from work when his car wasn't working. a women found Sammee on 309, he had been gone for about five days, my grandmother thought that he missed my dad because he hadn't been around and went looking for him. after he came back he was a lot more docile, and nicer, though when my younger cousins messed around with him and pulled his tail, he still tended to bite, hell if you pulled my tail i'd bite too. i remember when my dad lived with my grandmother, and had his space on the third floor, when i would sleep over, Sammee would trot all the way up there an bark to wake us up. he hasn't been doing well for a while now, i'm not going to nitpick at how badly the dogs are taken care of here...it doesn't really matter, but he was really old, and now...he's gone.
well, at least we know all dogs go to heaven...man i kind of wish i had that movie for this occasion, its a good movie...

Rest In Peace Sammee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Old Navy Coupons
Old Navy Old Navy Coupons