Here we go again...

Its been a while...about a year...but here's to trying.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

inside my room. (i'd rather write about it than clean it)

its odd for me to think about the impression someone would have walking into my room. well right now they'd just think i was a slob for the most part (though you can see more of the floor at the moment than i've seen in a few weeks) but in preparation for inevitable visitors with the coming holiday season (ok visitors besides louie, anyone i've known more than half my life gets to see my room as is whenever, cept maybe my mom) i'm starting a campaign tomorrow to keep the place relatively tidy. (i know you're thinking that won't happen...but it sounds like a good idea, and i'm going to try.) i'm not sure what's up with all the parenthetical asides, i'm kind of in a mood. anyway, my room in a state of somewhat tidiness is still going to impart some sort of impression about me as a person, and its kind of strange to look at myself from an outside perspective. so here we go...well my outer room is computer and rupert mitchell, a fucking awesome phoenix poster, but kinda empty and undemonstrative, (bandcamp wallpaper on the computer kind of says something, but i'm going to assume most of the people walking probably still suck and don't listen to bandcamp.) ok so walking into my room to your left is the music wall, to the right is my tv/dvd collection spread about and my bookcase. straight ahead is the army cot of the future covered in pillows, the nfl blanket i refuse to sleep without, nemo blankets and missmatched pillow cases...the only theme of my linens is me, i'm too scattered for anything to match. my bedside table has the box to catch and release, jones soda cans and a kisses from new york mug, my desk lamp from college that cat aptly named the spot light. theres a white lawn chair to the other side of the table, it was here when i moved in, and its one of the few pieces of furniture i have. on that wall are the album covers to tommy, the boston album with amanda on it, tom petty and piano man. a johnny cash poster that was once an endcap at best buy, and the doors poster louie got me a few years ago for christmas. opposite jim morrison on the other wall, is chase, even though the picture on the poster isn't my favorite, it wouldn't be my room without chase. next to him is another endcap special, field of dreams two disc anniversary edition...(empty space that absolutely wants for a star wars poster of some sort...i used to have a rotj poster at my dads but it ripped i think) and then my silent bob's speech from chasing amy poster that i got in redbank. so. music. starwars. kevin smith. baseball. the elements echo if you were to go look through my books and dvds. my dvds in precarious stacks around my tv, in no order whatsoever, except that at least one copy of each star wars movie is stacked in front for easy acess and some early season law and order is never far behind. in my bookcase are about a third of all of my books (the rest are in a box under my computer monitor or still in the bookcase at my dads) and some more dvds, the last few years worth of marble comp notebooks, some star wars comics, a pair of handcuffs from jillians on the island, a couple sharpies and a bottle of nail polish. on top are my christmas penguin and one of the candles rosemary gave me for my birthday (gosh i miss that girl). katy no pockets and the new esstential chronology of star wars. so if anything its clear that i'm a total geek. and i'm totally okay with that. i'll pretend away those hidden issues of vogue, but not so much the sephora makeup and ralph lauren perfume, just don't tell anyone i'm that girly, or that i have champagne taste when it comes to being so...those michael kors boots i want btw....on sale for $140 and i'd probably do anything you want with in reason if you bought them for me. anyway. wishful thinking i know. ok i think i'm done rambling about my room for now i've lost most of my interest. last installment of tinman on at 9. til then whatever.
oh and i'm gonna take my trash down. booyah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Old Navy Coupons
Old Navy Old Navy Coupons